Friday, July 6, 2012

Missing My Angel

It's my first weekend without Emily as she's gone to her Dad's for the next two nights. I have just realised that all my friends are either married and/or have children so distracting myself with dinner and drinks is not going to work.


Instead I'm sitting on the couch with the laptop, nursing a pretty bad chest infection (thanks for passing that on Em), and watching Masterchef. I'd be sipping some red wine too except for the heavy dose of anti-biotics I just took.....


On the one hand I'm really disappointed that I've no-one to hang out with this weekend, but on the other hand it'll be a nice break to be able to catch up on much needed sleep and get some work for the new shop done.


I'm missing Emily like crazy and every where I look there are reminders of her. The slippers she left in the middle of the lounge this morning when we were running out the door to childcare, the doll house she got for her birthday last weekend that still hasn't made it's way to her bedroom and the baby doll that she's been busy trying to change nappies with lying on one of the chairs.


Life will never bee the same now. Every second weekend I'll be missing my little girl. Every second weekend I'll be trying to fill my time with things to distract me.

But I'll adapt, and I'll get on with it because that's what I do.



Who else can rock red and purple together??

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!