Monday, March 19, 2012

Even Superwoman Needs a Break

I can't believe it's been a week since I last blogged! It just goes to show how busy my life has been lately.

Tomorrow will be my ninth day straight of work and I'm running on empty, just trying to make it till Wednesday when my casual girl works and I get to spend the day chasing Emily around instead of chasing suppliers, serving customers, cleaning stock rooms and pricing stock.

I had my first Little Me Market stall yesterday. I've been a handmade fan for many years and I stock quite a bit of handmade clothing and baby gifts in my shop, however I've never really tried to sell anything I've made myself.

After celebrating St Patrick's day the night before (not the smartest thing to do but when your husband is Irish you don't have a choice), I was up at the crack of dawn and over to the site to set up my stall. Severely hung over it wasn't until after I'd set up and the market had started that I realised I'd left the keys to my lock box on the kitchen bench at home. Aaarrrgghhh!

All set up and ready to go


Thank goodness for a friend walking past who saw how distressed I was. She watched the stall while I raced home and picked the keys up. Thank goodness people generally spend the first 15-30 minutes of a market browsing while they decide where they'll spend their cash.

Anyway, after all that I had a hugely successful day. I sold loads of clothes and baby gifts. I did so well that I booked the same spot for the next market and that's two days before we go to Ireland. Crazy but I think if this mad and crazy last week has taught me anything, it's that I can do ANYTHING I put my mind to. I also decided I'm going to have a go at making some items myself.

So I guess the next couple of weeks I'll be spending my nights sewing and putting together enough stock to have another successful market stall.

One of the dress designs I'm thinking of for the next market


Hopefully this week will be a bit more relaxing. I feel like I've been trying to be superwoman this last week but even she needs a break now and then right?

How was your weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!