Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Shoes, Shoes, Shoes!!

Today was so much fun! This is the part of my job I love.......getting new season stock.

This morning I thought it was going to be another boring day of bookwork and then the delivery guy came with four massive boxes from WALNUT Melbourne. Whoop! Now I have an excuse to procrastinate on the bookwork.



I had honestly forgotten what I ordered so it was like opening Christmas presents today. Gorgeous fuchsia pink Mary Jane's, classic french navy Cruise shoes, little chocolate boots and warm winter tights. I was having a serious problem because all I wanted to do was put them on the shelves immediately.



Halfway through the day I gave in to temptation and put the Mary Jane's and Cruise shoes on the shelf and website. By 2:30pm I was showing a regular customer the ballet flats that aren't due to go out for another month. I'm really bad at the surprise thing!

I have a huge love of beautiful shoes and when I find a label I love, I tend to buy it in excess. Children's shoes can be so cute, but they can also be so expensive. When I discovered WALNUT Melbourne I was so pleasantly surprised that they were not just very stylish and functional but also very affordable.

Miss E was recently out at our local park in her new Chilli Red WALNUT Mary Janes and what's the first thing she did? Jump in a brown muddy puddle! "Noooooo!" I screamed as I ran accross the playground. When we got home I popped them in the washing machine on wool cycle with a bit of wool wash and they came up good as new. See, stylish but functional.

Anyway, I managed to get all the stock into the computer and put away in storage until their time to go out (except for the Mary Jane and Cruise shoes of course) and now all I can think about is how I'm going to display them.

I think I'll leave that for another day........


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!