Saturday, January 21, 2012

Birthday Boy

Today I would normally have off but my Saturday girl had a wedding to attend so I worked. It's also my Mr Mummasphere's birthday today so even though I've been away for most of the day at the shop I wanted to do something special for him.

Firstly though came work. I'm so excited because today I've ordered stock for my third clothing label Mizzle. Mizzle is a gorgeous baby basics range that is mostly organic cotton and manufactured under fair working and pay conditions. It fits perfectly with my other baby clothing lines and the ethos of the shop.

I really think it's so important these days to buy fair trade and ethically made products. I would hate to be walking around in something that was made by a 14 year old girl who got paid $2 per hour and worked in horrid conditions for over 16 hours a day. It's not right and I wouldn't want my daughter working like that, so I wont support anyone else's daughter doing it.

So here's a sneak peak at what's coming...














I can't wait to get it in and on the shelves!

So now I'm home and since Mr Mummasphere is from Ireland and it's his birthday I've decided to cook him something traditional from home. He doesn't do sweet food so getting him a cake is pointless. His favourite foods are home cooked comfort foods like good old Irish Stew and Mashed Potato. His mother taught me this recipe and I'm experimenting a little with a twist of my own.

1kg of Osso Bucco in either veal or beef
3 carrots chopped
2 cloves of garlic
1 brown onion sliced
500g mushrooms sliced
1/4 cup of Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon of HP Sauce (my own twist)
1-2 teaspoons thyme
1 cup chicken stock
1 cup of water
salt & pepper to taste



Add all ingredients into a big pot and bring to the boil. Once the liquid is boiling reduce to simmer and put the lid on. Stirring occasionally, leave to simmer for 2-3 hours or until meat is tender and falling off the bone. All the marrow should be dissolved into the stew. Serve with mashed potato and some gorgeous Irish Cider. Delicious!







No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!